Broccoli Rabe Egg Roll Bowls
These Broccoli Rabe Egg Roll Bowls are a low-carb dinner idea that come together in just 30 minutes with pre-packaged coleslaw mix, shiitake mushrooms and ground chicken. They’re like a healthy, easy spin on Chinese takeout!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and using florets only (option to keep leafy parts and stems in as well if desired – see bottom of recipe for notes)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add ground chicken, breaking up with a slotted spoon and cooking for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce and sriracha, sautéing 4-5 minutes until mushrooms start to release juices.
2. Add broccoli rabe and coleslaw mix, sautéeing another 4-5 minutes until veggies start to soften. Remove from heat and mix in scallions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
1. If using all parts of broccoli rabe, add an extra 3-4 minutes of cook time before adding in coleslaw mix
2. If using florets only, broccoli rabe stems and leaves can be stored in fridge up to 5 days and used in a variety of other recipes, including soups, stir fries, salads, pastas, casseroles, omelets, sandwiches and more – the stems are particularly delicious when finely chopped and leaves can be substituted for other leafy greens such as spinach and kale.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more