Broccoli Rabe Pizza Pockets
These Broccoli Rabe Pizza Pockets are a scrumptious alternative to the frozen processed ones and an easy way to add extra veggies to a grab-and-go favorite. They’re the perfect way to eat healthy on the run!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup pepperoni
- ½ bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. On a large floured surface, cut pizza dough into four small balls. Roll out dough to be about 1 inch thick.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then add rolled out dough. Spread each piece of dough with pizza sauce, being careful to leave some space along the edges. Top with mushrooms, pepperoni, broccoli rabe and red onion, then add cheese and fresh basil.
4. Fold dough over top, pressing down hard with a fork and sealing edges. Brush with a bit of olive oil (optional) to achieve a more golden brown look when pizza pockets come out of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Let cool at least 2-3 minutes before serving. Pizza pockets can be frozen in containers or in large plastic bags in between wax paper. To reheat, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more