Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Baby Cauliflower, Brie & Prosciutto Pastry Bites
This veggie-dense dish is the perfect appetizer for your next holiday get together! Filled with Andy Boy broccoli rabe and sweet baby cauliflower these sweet and savory pastry bites will just melt in your mouth.
6 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 bunch #AndyBoy broccoli rabe
1 bunch #AndyBoy sweet baby cauliflower
1 tbsp. EVOO
All-purpose flour, for surface
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed accordingly
12 slices prosciutto
8 oz. wheel of Brie, cut into 12 pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F-400°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, honey, and salt. Mix well!
- On a sheet pan, toss broccoli rabe and sweet baby cauliflower in olive oil.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet to a 15”-x-10” rectangle. Cut each sheet into 6 squares for a total of 12 squares.
- Rotate square into a diamond shape and brush with butter mixture. Top with a slice of prosciutto, a piece of broccoli rabe and/or sweet baby cauliflower and a slice of brie. Fold one side over top and brush with egg wash. Fold the other side over and brush top and sides with more egg wash. Top with fresh ground pepper. Place on sheet pan and repeat with remaining puff pastries.
- Bake until golden and brie is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Top with more butter mixture before serving.