Candice’s Broccoli Rabe Pesto
Who says you have to have traditional calorie-packed pesto? Change things up with my favorite green broccoli rabe pesto. Made with extra virgin olive oil, raw almonds, fresh garlic, lemon and spices. This new take on pesto will have you loving pasta the fresh and healthy way!
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 2 cups broccoli rabe, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Place the almonds into a food processor and pulse until ground.
2. Add the broccoli rabe, garlic, and pulse again to combine.
3. Once the ingredients are somewhat mealy, gradually add the olive oil and soy sauce, and process until the mixture is finely chopped yet still has texture, about 1 minute.
4. Pulse in the lemon juice.
Make about one cup.