One Sheet Pan Chicken with Florentino®, Red Onion and Green Sauce
Recipe by Caroline Chambers
Caroline is a recipe developer, food writer, and the author of “Just Married: A Cookbook for Newlyweds,” published by Chronicle Books. She is also an Instagram Food Blogger/Influencer who shares new recipes, cooking techniques and positive encouragement in the kitchen. Caroline is a mom on a mission to help her followers feed their families without hating it in the process.
● 2 bunches Andy Boy Florentino
● 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
● 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons neutral oil*, divided
● Kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
● 1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
● 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
● 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
● 1 lemon, divided
● 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
● 1 garlic clove
● Optional: 1/4 cup water
● 3 cups baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Toss the Florentino® and red onion with 2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Spread into an even layer.
3. Roast for 10 minutes.
4. While the vegetables roast, season 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with a thin layer of
oil, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a sprinkle of pepper per breast.
5. Make the green sauce by blending 1 cup fresh basil leaves, 1/2 cup grated parmesan, 1/3 cup
oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 garlic
clove, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt until smooth. If it’s too thick (it should be drizzle-able) or
your blender is having a hard time blending it, blend in 1 tablespoon of water at a time. Pour the
sauce into a bowl.
6. After 10 minutes, add the chicken breasts to the pan and roast for 14 minutes, then check the
internal temperature using a meat thermometer. If it’s not finished, continue cooking, checking
the temperature frequently, until the chicken reaches 160°F.
7. Stir the juice of the remaining 1/2 lemon into the cauliflower. Taste and season with salt and
pepper as needed.
8. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parmesan over the sheet pan. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt
and pepper as needed.
9. Slice the chicken breasts on the bias (see photo – don’t slice straight up and down, slice at an
angle, this will make the chicken more tender).
10. Serve the roasted chicken, Florentino®, and red onion over a bed of arugula, drizzled with green