Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Red Onion & Garlic
This simple, yet elegant recipe involves incorporating broccoli’s slightly bitter cousin, broccoli rabe. It’s the perfect vegan side dish to elevate your Thanksgiving table.
Recipe by Candice Walker
Focusing on self-care & plant-centered recipes, Proportional Plate is where Candice shares tips, meal plans, & mostly healthy recipes to inspire small changes in your life that make big impacts. She teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and season with ½ tsp sea salt. Cook until wilted and translucent, 6-8 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli rabe and garlic. Season with ½ tsp salt. Cook until the broccoli rabe stem is tender and the leaves are wilted, tossing to coat, 8-10 minutes.