Stuffed Artichokes with Cauliflower Rice
These Stuffed Artichokes are filled with riced cauliflower, ground beef and parmesan cheese for a delicious, unique way to celebrate the holidays! Topped with pomegranate seeds and parsley, these vibrant stuffed artichokes are filled with simple ingredients that really shine!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 4 large artichokes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut tops off artichoke leaves and peel back leaves to reveal the purple “choke” inside – use a grapefruit spoon (or other sharp spoon with ridges) to carefully scrape out and remove.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add garlic, red onion and red pepper, sautéing for 2-3 minutes until tender.
3. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Using a food processor, pulse cauliflower into a rice-like texture. Add to skillet with ground beef mixture and remove from heat. Set aside.
4. Add ground beef mixture to stuff each artichoke, drizzling with olive oil and then topping with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!