Sweet Baby Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Kick off the New Year with this delicious #AndyBoy Sweet Baby Broccoli & Cheddar Soup recipe ?? Such a cozy, winter-time comfort meal and an easy way to get in a serving of veggies!
- 1 bunch Andy Boy Sweet Baby Broccoli, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp flour
- 3 1/4 cups low fat milk
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare/chop all ingredients ahead of time, as you’ll be stirring frequently.
2. Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add in onions and cook until soft and transparent.
3. Add in garlic and flour. Cook for about a minute, stirring constantly.
4. Slowly pour in milk and then chicken broth, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in Andy Boy Sweet Baby Broccoli.
6. Cook whisking constantly until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low and cook until Sweet Baby Broccoli is tender, stirring frequently, about 6-8 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, sharp cheddar and parmesan cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.