Broccoli Rabe Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Broccoli rabe puree pairs perfectly with crisp shallots, spicy chile pepper, and melty cheese in the stuffing for this pork tenderloin. Easy enough for a weeknight supper but gorgeous enough for a holiday table, this dish has it all, and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Bonus: leftovers are wonderful sliced thin for sandwiches.
Recipe by Erin McDowell
Erin is an expert in food media: cooking, writing, and styling all things delicious. She is the recipe editor for PureWow, a test kitchen manager for Food52, and is currently writing a baking cookbook (which will be published by Houghton Mifflin).
- 1 Cup broccoli rabe puree
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 Fresh red chile, seeded and minced (such as Fresno chiles)
- 2 Lbs. pork tenderloin
- ¾ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ Tsp. salt
- ¾ Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the broccoli rabe puree, garlic, shallots, and the chile to combine.
3. Make a cut down the center of the pork tenderloin about 1 – ½ inch deep (do not cut all the way through).
4. Spread the puree evenly in the center of the pork. (If you have extra, reserve it for spreading on toast!)
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan evenly in the center of the pork, over the broccoli rabe puree. Wrap the pork back up to encase the filling. Tie the roast closed with butcher’s twine (alternatively, you can insert toothpicks along the seam to keep it closed instead).
6. Grease an oven safe large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer the pork to the sauté pan, and drizzle the remaining oil on top of it. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more