Mixed Berry Lettuce Cups with Limoncello Vinaigrette
With the warm months just around the corner, these mixed berry lettuce cups are just what you’re craving… a light, fresh, healthy, delicious, and perfectly satisfying dish for those hot summer days. These gorgeous berry bowls will make any table pop! And if you have any berries left over, they make a great topping for a scoop of sorbet.
Recipe by Candice Walker
Candice Walker is the voice behind Proportional Plate, a food blog where weekly meal planning couldn’t be any simpler. She teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
MIXED BERRY LETTUCE CUPS
- 1 head Andy Boy butter lettuce
- 1 pint Driscoll’s blueberries
- 1 pint Driscoll’s raspberries
- ½ lb. Driscoll’s strawberries, quartered
- 2-3 Tbsp mint leaves, chiffonade
- 2-3 Tbsp basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp limoncello
- 1 lemon, zested
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the limoncello, lemon zest and lemon juice. While whisking constantly, add the olive oil slowly to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Carefully remove the leaves of the butter lettuce. Wash and set aside. These are your lettuce cups.
3. Mix the berries in a bowl with the mint and basil. Drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat.
4. Scoop the berry mixture into your butter lettuce cups, and serve!