Savory Broccoli Rabe Breakfast Pastries
These Savory Broccoli Rabe Breakfast Pastries are the most delicious weekend breakfast, and they also reheat wonderfully as a grab and go meal for the work week. Save time on this recipe by using store-bought puff pastry and pre-shredded cheese!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 package store-bought puff pastry
- 7 eggs; 6 for pastries, 1 for egg wash
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the first layer of puff pastry and add to parchment.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon over med-high heat. Whisk six of the seven eggs together in a large bowl and add to pan after bacon is done, cooking them as a scramble.
3. Remove from heat and start assembling pastries, dividing egg, bacon, broccoli rabe and cheddar cheese among pastries.
4. Roll out the second layer of puff pastry and, using a pizza cutter, slice pastry horizontally into 1-inch thick pieces. Add pieces overtop of egg mixture, pressing into bottom puff pastry to ensure pieces stick overtop. Repeat until each pastry has a weave overtop.
5. Whisk last remaining egg in a small bowl and brush each pastry with a bit of egg wash.
6. Bake pastries in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from oven, let cool a couple minutes, then serve and enjoy!
If reheating after refrigerating, preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more