Super Easy Mayo-Less Broccoli Salad
This super easy broccoli salad contains no heavy ingredients like mayo and is completely dairy-free! With a delicious honey-Dijon dressing and filled with fresh vegetables, this one’s a no-brainer for your next big gathering!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 head broccoli (including stems)
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (option: substitute apple cider vinegar for rice vinegar)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook rice according to package directions on the stovetop or in a rice cooker.
2. While rice is cooking, prep the veggies. Cut broccoli into small florets. Cut and finely chop stems as well, adding to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
3. Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients together. When ready to serve, pour dressing over top and toss.
1. Dressing and salad can be made ahead of time up to 2 days in advance. Toss with dressing just before serving.
2. Broccoli stems should be very finely chopped for consistency in texture.