Turkey and Broccoli Rabe Lettuce Cups with Thai Chili Ginger and Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauces
Turkey lettuce cups with Thai chili lime ginger sauce & sweet & sour dipping sauces are perfect for kids and adults, alike. Packed with veggies, delicious for an easy weeknight dinner, and leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
Recipe by Candice Walker
Focusing on self-care & accessible healthy recipes, Proportional Plate is where Candice Walker shares tips, meal plans, & recipes to inspire small changes in your life that make big impacts. Candice teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli rabe
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 1b. ground turkey
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 heads butter lettuce
Thai Chili Ginger Sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add the carrot, broccoli rabe, and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent, 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the diced tomato. Cook 2-3 minutes until softened and most of the liquid is evaporated.
3. Add the ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Break it up into equal sized small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks to ensure it cooks evenly and most of the liquid is evaporated, 5-8 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and add the frozen peas. Mix well. Cover until ready to serve.
5. Make the thai chili ginger sauce by mixing all ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
6. Make the sweet & sour sauce by mixing the jam and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
7. Serve with butter lettuce and dipping sauces.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more