Veggie Zoodle Stir Fry with Broccoli Rabe
A quick, easy, and healthy dish packed with flavor and nutrients. Perfect for those busy weeknights…just prep the veggies in over the weekend or the day before and you’ll have dinner ready in less than 15 minutes!
Recipe by Candice Walker
Candice Walker is the voice behind Proportional Plate, a food blog where weekly meal planning couldn’t be any simpler. She teaches how to meal plan seasonally to reduce waste, minimizing kitchen time so you can enjoy all the other important things in your life!
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bouillon cube or 1 tsp better than bouillon
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ bunch Andy Boy broccoli rabe, large stems removed, chopped
- 4-5 zucchini, sliced with a spiralizer
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- ~1 cup snow peas
1. Cut the scallions to separate the dark greens and whites. Thinly slice the whites and light greens. Set aside.
2. Add the scallion greens, mirin, soy sauce, sake, bouillon, and brown sugar to a saucepan. Bring to boil. Lower to simmer. Simmer until reduced by 1/2. Remove from heat, discard the scallion greens, and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
5. Add the bell peppers, broccoli rabe, and snow peas. Cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
6. Turn up the heat to high. Add the contents of the saucepan. Let it come to a simmer. Add the zoodles. Mix well. Cook 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more