Chipotle Broccoli Rabe Burrito Bowls
1. Fill a medium pot with enough water to cover broccoli rabe stalks and bring to a boil. Add 2 Tbsp kosher salt to water after it comes to a rolling boil and immediately add chopped broccoli rabe stems. Cook for a minute before adding leaves and crowns. Cook for 2 more minutes then drain and thoroughly dry.
2. In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium-low heat until shiny. Add garlic slices and sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the chopped chipotle, cumin, and oregano, and stir to combine. Add the broccoli rabe to the pan and stir well to evenly coat with the chipotle-garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, toss cooked brown rice with half of the lime juice and 1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
4. Combine the remaining lime juice and cilantro with the corn, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño (use as much or as little as you like), and salt and pepper, to taste to make a quick avocado-corn-pico de gallo. Gently toss to combine.
5. To assemble bowls, divide rice into 2 bowls. Arrange broccoli rabe, avocado-corn-pico de gallo, black beans, radish slices, and shredded cheese on top.
6. Serve immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more